Essential Equipment & Clothing
The following is a list from the top down of what you'll need to have a warm and comfortable day on the mountain:
You can double check your list (also in your Eskimo Member Handbook) before every trip to make sure you have everything.
Please enjoy the friendly and knowledgeable service at the Eskimo Ski & Board Shop. All current Eskimo Club members qualify for a
- 10% discount on new merchandise anytime
- 15% discount on season rentals if rented before October 31st
- 10% discount season rentals from November 1st through the season.
The shop is located on Holly and County Line Road at 8265 S. Holly Street, Centennial, 80122. Please call 303-761-1101 or go to eskimoshop.com to learn more.
Great nametags are available for free at Eskimo Headquarters-good for skis, boards, boots and poles. Just ask us!
Please write your name on every item you bring so we may identify and return it to you
- Helmet - required for all, approved for your sport & fitted correctly. Be sure to fit your helmet with the helmet liner or headband you plan to wear with it. See lidsonkids.org.
- A season pass for WP or a daily lift ticket
- Sunscreen - High altitude face and lip protection with a high S.P. factor.
- Goggles - Comfortable fit with good range of vision and protective color lens.
- Hand & toe heaters - The little chemical ones make very cold days comfortable
- Mittens/Gloves - Waterproof, well insulated, flexible mittens (warmest) or gloves designed for skiing/riding.
- Warm Fleece or Vest -Use layers underneath your jacket for warmth
- Long Underwear - Top and bottom, made for outdoor sports (first layer designed to wick moisture away).
- Insulated jacket - Warm, comfortable, water resistant, made for your sport
- Two pairs of socks - Very important for keeping your feet warm: A regular pair for the trip up and a good wool/thermal pair to change into for skiing/boarding. NO COTTON! (They get cold & soggy)
- Boots - Snug, flexible, comfortable fit, adjusted to your bindings.
- Winter footwear -for the ride up
- Small Pack- to keep organized. Each child need his/her own pack.
- Lunch (pack a big one with your name on it) or lunch money ($10-$20)
- Several healthy snacks for the day and a snack and a bottle of water for the return trip
- Lock- For your board or skis
- Skis & poles - designed for your height, weight and skiing ability. Equipped with brakes and professionally adjusted bindings. Bring poles with straps on handles.
- Pants for Skiers - Water resistant, warm snow pants for skiers.
- Pocket-size ski carrier - To carry skis and to keep skis and poles together
- Snowboard - designed for your height, weight, and ability & adjusted to your boots and stance.
- Leash - hooks from your boot to your board. Required by Colorado law.
- Pants for Riders - Water resistant with padding on seat and knees
- Board Tool - Pocket sized to tighten/adjust your bindings